Jane Palmer is a International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) providing support for women experiencing breastfeeding problems. Jane can help guide you in the art of breastfeeding and assist you with parenting skills. Lactation consultations include taking a comprehensive history and assistance with any problems regarding breastfeeding or parenting. If you are experiencing breastfeeding difficulties, require guidance on parenting, need to consult during pregnancy about breastfeeding support or are planning to returning to work do not hesitate to contact Jane via email or phone 1300 MIDWYF (1300 643 993) for further information.
A Lactation Consultant can help mothers and babies get off to a great start, find solutions when concerns arise and answer questions mothers often have about feeding their babies. A Lactation Consultant may be able to help you with:
- Positioning and latching your baby
- Breastfeeding after a caesarean birth
- Techniques to to increase breast milk supply
- Support to breastfeed more than one baby
- Avoiding breastfeeding problems
- Solutions if breastfeeding is uncomfortable or not working well at first
- Breastfeeding a premature baby, or a baby with special needs
- Using a breast pump
- Breastfeeding when your baby is sick or in the NICU
- Breastfeeding after you return to work or school
- Feeling confident that you can breastfeed for as long as you and your baby want
Jane has an interest in the following breastfeeding issues:
- Tongue Tie
- Slow to Gain Babies
- Low breast milk supply
- Sore or damaged nipples
Appointment Hours: Flexible, by appointment. Monday to Friday.
Travel: Jane only does home visits in the local area. Suburbs Jane travels to include: Parramatta, Wentworthville, Baulkham Hills, Toongabbie, Epping and Newington.
Fees: Home visits – $190.00 and Clinic appointments – $130.00.
Rebates available from some health funds.
Clinic Location: 5 Daking Street, North Parramatta NSW 2151